Tuesday, October 27, 2015

iPad Apps for Autistic and Nonverbal Children


In this YouTube video, Lauren Meatty discusses how effective iPads apps are for autistic and nonverbal children. She talks about how she worked with a little girl with cerebral palsy and the iPad opened a huge door for her! She was able to use her finger to play on the piano app on the iPad. Meatty talks about other apps that are also great for individuals with cerebral palsy because they only require one finger touch. She also shows some great communication apps that would be great for autistic students who are nonverbal. These apps allow individuals to go out in the real world and communicate with society without even saying a word! Meatty concludes the presentation by saying in addition to using the iPads for curriculum, she also uses iPads for motivations and rewards. I really enjoyed this video because it gave me more perspective on how effective iPads are in the classroom. I was not aware of a lot of these apps available on the iPads, I will definitely use these in my classroom. It's amazing how much capability iPads have for autistic and nonverbal children! I feel as though I would be comfortable integrating the use of iPads in the classroom because I personally have one. I think iPads are great and have so much to offer for all types of learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment