Thursday, April 14, 2016

Reflection

Many of the disabilities we read about in our text I have heard about and was familiar with, however there were some I only knew the basics. This course allowed me to learn more in depth information about these disabilities that I did not know about previously. The most interesting part was learning about the different needs each individual disability require in order to function and show success in the classroom. Understanding the needs these individuals entail made me better understand their disability. I also enjoyed looking at the many different types of assistive technology devices that could be useful toward the different disabilities discussed. Some of the assistive technology devices I had learned about previously, in which I was able to relate the posts to one another, but some I found new AT devices that I never heard about before. There are so many amazing devices out there that truly assist the student to perform successfully in and out of the classroom! This course has allowed me to open my eyes at the many struggles individuals with disabilities go through every single day. Simple tasks to us, can be major challenges for others. That is why I feel special education teachers have the most rewarding job. We get to see the "small" differences each day and get to watch our students grow. Special education teachers are remarkable individuals who truly want their students to achieve their goals and succeed in the classroom and beyond! I'm proud to be making a difference in the lives of young children and this course has made me appreciate the field even more!

Thank you for embarking on this journey with me!

Now, I have some questions for you...
  1. What is something new that you learned?
  2. Have you used any of the AT devices that I had mentioned? Which ones? Were they effective?
  3. Which AT device made you most interested in using in your classroom? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment