Saturday, November 28, 2015

Vocabulary

In my previous blogs, I have mentioned the importance of coming up with vocabulary words for students with augmentative communication devices that are relevant to them. In this post I will be coming up with vocabulary words that a high schooler would need at the mall to actively communicate.
  1. Hello
  2. How are you?
  3. Good.
  4. Thank you.
  5. Please.
  6. Do you know where _______ store is?
  7. I would like ___________.
  8. Clothes
  9. Shoes
  10. Shirt
  11. Jacket
  12. Sweater
  13. Pants
  14. Jeans
  15. Purse
  16. I am a size medium for shirts. 
  17. Do you have this in a size medium?
  18. I am a size 7 for shoes.
  19. Do you have this in a size 7?
  20. I would like to try this on. 
  21. I like this!
  22. I don't like this!
  23. Yes
  24. No
  25. How much do I owe you?
  26. Cash
  27. Credit card
  28. I would like a receipt. 
  29. Have a nice day.
  30. Goodbye. 
  31. I am done shopping.
  32. I would like to continue shopping.
  33. I would like to go to the food court.

What other vocabulary words do you think should have been on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment